FCS Financial Awards Community Improvement Grants
FCS Financial is recognizing 17 different 4-H clubs and FFA chapters with $250 grants for submitting outstanding Shaping Rural Missouri grant applications and plans to complete a community improvement project in the coming months.
This is the first year FCS Financial has funded the Shaping Rural Missouri grants for 4-H clubs and FFA chapters. “Our offices are located and our staff lives in rural Missouri so it is important to us that we provide opportunities for rural community development,” said Daryl Oldvader, CEO, FCS Financial. “These grants not only strengthen our rural communities but allow our youth to work as a team to accomplish a goal.”
The following 4-H clubs and FFA chapters were selected by a panel of judges to receive a $250 Shaping Rural Missouri grant in support of implementing the respective project listed:
• Be Bo Bouncers 4-H Club (Audrain County): Update arena fence at 4-H fairgrounds.
• Big Creek 4-H Club (Warren County): Improve safety by updating bleachers at Warren County Fairgrounds.
• Circle A 4-H Club (Miller County): Landscape Iberia R-V school grounds.
• Concordia FFA Chapter (Lafayette County): Construct new livestock stalls and storage system for stalls in the fairgrounds livestock barn.
• Cooper County 4-H (Cooper County): Landscape the front of the fairgrounds exhibition hall with Missouri wildflowers and plants.
• Dawn Sunrise Hustlers 4-H Club (Livingston County): Landscape the Mervin Jenkins Community Center in Dawn, Mo.
• Drexel FFA Chapter (Cass County): Landscape the Gratton Memorial at the Drexel High School football field.
• Freedom Reins 4-H Club (Laclede County): Update fencing around historical spring at North Park in Marshfield and provide signage telling story of the spring.
• Gorin Go-Getters 4-H Club (Scotland County): Build picnic tables at local fairgrounds.
• Helping Hands 4-H Club (Benton County): Assist local disabled residents with landscaping.
• Indian Grove 4-H Club (Chariton County): Develop a community courtyard in downtown Brunswick.
• Monroe County 4-H (Monroe County): Assist in building show barn at fairgrounds dedicated to Jacquie Stuart.
• Mighty Mo 4-H Club (Lafayette County): Plant 14 oak trees at Dyer Park.
• Olde Tyme 4-H Club (Ray County): Landscape courtyard area of Lawson Manor & Rehabilitation in Lawson, Mo.
• Ridgeway R-V FFA Chapter (Harrison County): Assist in building Ag & Community Building on Ridgeway R-V school grounds.
• Salisbury FFA Chapter (Chariton County): Build new digital community billboard to increase awareness regarding local events.
• Windsor FFA Chapter (Henry County): Build picnic tables for new shelter house at Windsor Farrington Park Campground.