FCS Financial Awards 45 Community Improvement Grants
FCS Financial is recognizing 45 different 4-H clubs and FFA chapters with $500 grants for submitting outstanding Shaping Rural Missouri grant applications. In the six years of its existence, nearly $100,000 has been awarded to Missouri 4-H clubs and FFA chapters. Grants are awarded to organizations with plans to complete a community improvement project by the end of the year.
“Community development in rural Missouri is very important to FCS Financial. Our member-owners and staff live in rural communities across Missouri,” said Scott Gardner, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, FCS Financial. “These grants not only strengthen our rural communities but allow our youth to work as a team to accomplish a worthy goal.”
The following 4-H clubs and FFA chapters were selected by a panel of judges to receive a Shaping Rural Missouri grant in support of implementing the respective project listed:
- Andrew County 4-H Club (Andrew County) – Building benches and landscaping the Youth Building at Andrew County Fairgrounds.
- Atchison County Robotics 4-H Club, Farmer City 4-H Club & Wolverine 4-H Club (Atchison County) – Cooling system for the show ring at Atchison County Fairgrounds.
- Lucky Clover 4-H Club & Rock Port FFA (Atchison County) – Building a handicap accessible sidewalk at local fairgrounds.
- Fairfax FFA & Tarkio FFA Chapters (Atchison County) – Building a shade structure for a livestock wash rack.
- Audrain County 4-H Council & Mexico FFA Chapter (Audrain County) – Paint and repair bleachers and tables at the Audrain County 4-H Fairgrounds
- Southwest FFA Chapter (Barry County) – Build picnic tables in local city park
- Make It Happen 4-H Club (Barton County) – Build small animal wash rack at local fairgrounds
- Warsaw FFA Chapter (Benton County) – Renovate concession building at local fairgrounds
- Buchanan County 4-H Club (Buchanan County) – Landscape local YMCA
- DeKalb FFA Chapter (Buchanan County) – Build picnic tables around DeKalb town square.
- Bosworth Fireballs 4-H Club (Carroll County) – Install cooling system at Carroll County Fairgrounds
- Lucky Star 4-H Club (Chariton County) – Assist in renovating 120-year-old schoolhouse
- Fox River Clovers 4-H Club (Clark County) – Build new announcers stand for livestock show arena
- Albany FFA Chapter (Gentry County) – Improvements and additions to the school Animal Science Center
- Gilman City FFA Chapter (Harrison County) – Improvements to the sound system in the Livestock Barn
- Arcadia Valley Career Technology Center (Iron County) – Landscape around the Iron County Courthouse
- Blue Springs South FFA Chapter (Jackson County) – Build & maintain Jags community vegetable garden
- Colony 4-H Geology 4-H Club (Knox County) – Landscape around Knox County Courthouse
- Hitt 4-H Club (Lafayette County) – Beautify the Corder Community Center
- Mount Vernon FFA Chapter (Lawrence County) – Assist in purchasing and installing small animal scales
- Lewis County C-I FFA Chapter (Lewis County) – Improve sound system in show barn
- Vienna FFA Chapter (Maries County) – Landscape the entrance of the Maries R-I High School
- FFA Ag Research Farm (Mercer County) – Repurpose and renovate feed storage facility at school farm
- Eager Beaver 4-H Club (Monroe County) – Landscape around Paris R-II schools
- Mark Twain 4-H Club (Monroe County) – Install and renovate signs at local churches
- Monroe City FFA Chapter (Monroe County) – Build a cardboard recycling shed
- Wellsville-Middletown FFA Chapter (Montgomery County) – Create an outdoor education classroom for elementary school children
- East Newton 4-H Club (Newton County) – Build & repair picnic tables at Newton County Fairgrounds
- FFA Chapter of the Northeast Nodaway R-V District (Nodaway County) – Create community & district outdoor classroom & meeting space.
- West Nodaway FFA Chapter (Nodaway County) – Build benches and landscape elementary school entrance
- Couch FFA Chapter (Oregon County) – Repair bleachers & create ADA seating area at Couch Baseball Field
- Richland FFA Chapter (Pulaski County) – Build picnic benches for a local park
- Classic Kids 4-H Club (Putnam County) – Repair and purchase chairs for 4-H Building
- Guys & Gals 4-H Club (Ray County) – Paint multiple areas at Ray County Fairgrounds
- Current River Clovers 4-H Club (Shannon County) – Build picnic benches for a local park
- North Shelby FFA Chapter (Shelby County) – Build entrance and gates for local fairgrounds
- River City 4-H Club (St. Charles County) – Install & create signage for sports complex
- Milo-Oakdale 4-H Club (Vernon County) – Landscape local cemetery & youth pavilion
- Sheldon FFA Chapter (Vernon County) – Build new batting cage at local city park.
The 2018 grant application will be available here on our website January 1, 2018.