Shaping Rural Missouri Grant
Developing a thriving rural Missouri is one of FCS Financial’s values. The Shaping Rural Missouri grant program offers local 4-H and FFA organizations $500 grants to implement projects that will benefit their rural communities. Funds will be awarded to assist club or chapter members in bringing positive change by establishing projects that make their local communities better places to live. FCS Financial encourages applicants to collaborate with other community organizations to develop and complete their improvement project.
Each proposal will be reviewed and scored by a grant review team. Award winning applicants will be notified of their award and contacted by a local FCS Financial representative to schedule a check presentation and photo opportunity.
4-H & FFA members have a special opportunity to demonstrate their interest in contributing to their local community by applying for the Shaping Rural Missouri Grant Program. Clubs & chapters are encouraged to choose a project that has tangible value where the outcome of the project can be seen or touched. The following is a list of potential projects and you can see the 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012 lists of funded projects. This grant could also be combined with other funds to complete a larger project.
- Provide landscaping at a fairgrounds, park, or near a community building.
- Construct and maintain a community bulletin board.
- Upgrading or building picnic tables or benches at a community facility.
- Establish a community recreation park facility.
- Develop a roadside park.
- Implement a tree planting program.
- Develop a bicycle, horse, or hiking trail.
- Set up a community self-guided nature trail.
- Clean and repair a community church.
- Build playground equipment that is designed for children with disabilities.
How to Get Started
- Download the Shaping Rural Missouri grant application.
- Solicit project suggestions from club members and select the most worthwhile workable project for your community.
- Develop a budget considering both time and expenses involved.
- Appoint or elect a committee of youth to give leadership to the project.
- Email completed application to FCS Financial by saving and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and mail to FCS Financial, Marketing Department, 2800 Woodard Drive, Columbia, MO 65202. Applications are due by April 1.
- The grant review team will make final decisions on grants by May 1.
- The $500 grant check will be presented to the club by a local FCS Financial representative.
- Projects must be completed by December 31.
- Keep a record or scrapbook of your project from the beginning, including photos.
- Share updates about your project with the local FCS Financial office.
- Inform community leaders and local news media about the project, updating them periodically on progress and community acceptance.
4-H clubs & FFA chapters eligible for the community improvement grants must be located in one of the 102 counties served by FCS Financial: Adair, Andrew, Atchison, Audrain, Barry, Barton, Bates, Benton, Boone, Buchanan, Caldwell, Callaway, Camden, Carroll, Cass, Cedar, Chariton, Christian, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Dallas, Daviess, DeKalb, Dent, Douglas, Franklin, Gasconade, Gentry, Greene, Grundy, Harrison, Henry, Hickory, Holt, Howard, Howell, Iron, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Laclede, Lafayette, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Linn, Livingston, Macon, Madison, Maries, Marion, McDonald, Mercer, Miller, Moniteau, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Newton, Nodaway, Oregon, Osage, Ozark, Perry, Pettis, Phelps, Pike, Platte, Polk, Pulaski, Putnam, Ralls, Randolph, Ray, Reynolds, Saline, Schuyler, Scotland, Shannon, Shelby, St. Charles, St. Clair, Ste. Genevieve, St. Francois, St. Louis, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Texas, Vernon, Warren, Washington, Webster, Worth, Wright.