Scholarship Application Period is September 1 – March 1.
FCS Financial believes in the future of our next generation. For that reason, the Board of Directors began the FCS Financial Scholarship Program in 2004 to support higher education for children or grandchildren of FCSF customers. Each year up to 35 scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each are provided to eligible Missouri high school seniors. Since its inception, more than $464,000 and 429 scholarships have been awarded through the scholarship program.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications in order to be considered for an FCS Financial Scholarship:
- Applicant must be a Missouri high school senior and must have been a full-time student the previous year.
- Applicant must be a relative (child or grandchild) of an FCS Financial customer in good standing.
- Applicant must designate which office services the account. One qualified recipient will be selected from each branch office. An additional eight at-large recipients will be selected from all eligible, qualified applications. (Applicants may submit only one application.)
- Applicant must plan to attend a two-year or four-year college or university. Preference will be given to those attending a Missouri college or university and to those who choose to study an ag-related field.
- Applicant must attain satisfactory academic progress evidenced as follows:
- Rank in the upper 20 percent of your high school graduating class; or
- Attain a 2.5 or higher grade point average based on a minimum of seven semesters; or
- Score 26 or higher on the ACT.
- Applicant must demonstrate participation and leadership in school and community activities.
- Applicant must enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Relatives (spouses, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, great-grandchildren, siblings, step-siblings, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews) of FCS Financial board members and employees are not eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Students who receive a full-ride scholarship will not be eligible for the FCS Financial scholarship, and it will be awarded to another student.