Community Improvement Grants Awarded
FCS Financial is recognizing 16 different 4-H clubs and FFA chapters with $250 grants for submitting outstanding Shaping Rural Missouri grant applications. Grants were awarded to organizations with plans to complete a community improvement project in the coming months.
This is the second year FCS Financial has funded the Shaping Rural Missouri grants for 4-H clubs and FFA chapters. “Community development in rural Missouri is very important to FCS Financial. Our member-owners and staff live in rural communities across Missouri,” said Kevin Langford, Interim CEO, FCS Financial. “These grants not only strengthen our rural communities but allow our youth to work as a team to accomplish a worthy goal.”
The following 4-H clubs and FFA chapters were selected by a panel of judges to receive a $250 Shaping Rural Missouri grant in support of implementing the respective project listed:
- Ashland FFA Chapter (Boone County): Landscape renovation of Agricultural Education building.
- Ashton Cloverleaf 4-H Club (Clark County): Improve corral system at Clark County Fairgrounds.
- Benton County 4-H Council (Benton County): Renovate building at Stepping Stones 4-H Camp.
- Drexel FFA Chapter (Cass County): Create an outdoor educational lab at the City Park that can be used to identify common Missouri trees.
- Eager Beavers 4-H Club (Monroe County): Update and improve landscaping at Paris Library.
- Gorin Go-Getters 4-H Club (Scotland County): Improve Scotland County Art Hall at fairgrounds.
- Howell County 4-H (Howell County): Plant orchard consisting of fruit trees and Missouri native nut trees at Don Warden Park.
- Jasper County Teen 4-H Council (Jasper County): Build six picnic tables at Jasper County Youth Fair Concession Stand.
- Knox County FFA Chapter & Young Farmers Chapter (Knox County): Construct and plant raised flower beds at local nursing home.
- Lexington FFA Chapter (Lafayette County): Construct a high tunnel greenhouse to be used by Lexington FFA, Lexington Middle School and High School science classes.
- Mexico FFA Chapter (Audrain County): Build three picnic tables for Audrain County 4-H Fairgrounds.
- Monroe County 4-H Clubs (Monroe County): Assist in construction of sign for new Exhibit and Community Building.
- Russellville FFA Chapter (Cole County): Assist in renovation and landscaping of Railroad Park.
- Sonte 4-H Club (Marion County): Build bleachers for Marion County Fairgrounds.
- South Nodaway FFA Chapter (Nodaway County): Landscape around the school flagpole.
- South Shelby FFA Chapter (Shelby County): Build picnic tables in both communities that the school serves.